Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a busy one!  It started on Friday evening with our local Puppies and Pizza meeting.  Lots of new dogs to try to ignore while doing our obedience training.  Luckily after the meeting I got to go out in the yard and play with them.  We had five of us all trying to get one toy!  I think it started as a cloth frisbee with rope around the outside but it ended up as straggly bits of rope and a scrap of blue cloth.  FUN!

On Saturday we went to the air museum.  Mom loaded us up and went to March Field Museum.  We had the parking lot to ourselves since we were so early so Mom had me out doing lots of obedience practice.  I managed to flush some pheasant - and Mom said I couldn't chase them!  Turns out we needed to be at the Palm Springs Air Museum!  So we loaded up and headed over there.  It was a great big group and we had lots of fun.  We went to the air museum, the GDD Depot and then the Fish Market for lunch before heading back home.  I got to see a lot of the same new friends from the puppy meeting and more new friends from the Palm Springs area.

Me and my buddies, Grace (left) and Moto (right).
Then Sunday Mom took me to work with her as always.  There was a puppy obedience class so Mom took me over there.  I'm getting much better at working around other dogs without sniffing them.  I even won a 'Simon Says' game and got a prize!  Then Sunday night was a birthday party for Mom and I got to come out and work on greeting people calmly.  It was hard work and I need more practice but I'm definitely starting to show some improvement.